BEFORE THE FLIGHT
No matter which solution we are offering, pre-flight planning is critical.
- Review the location to see if there were any obstructions
- Ensure that flight will not be in violation of any FAA regulations and/or make the request
- Find the safest access point
- Determine the best equipment for the job
- Create automated flight plans
ON FLIGHT DAY
We’ll review the site and scope to ensure we collect the data to meet your specific project requirements.
- Site-specific training, validate/determine access, obstructions
- Step through the safety checklist to ensure personal protection and equipment functionality (personal protective equipment)
- Walk the site to verify survey control points, access point and ensure take-off point will be in range throughout the flight and line of sight is sustained
- Modify plan flight as necessary verify speed, altitude, camera pitch and overlap
- Load pre-planned flight and take off
- Conduct continuous flight monitoring focusing on drone flight path, monitoring battery usage, wind variations and site safety concerns
- Repeat procedure for each flight
AFTER THE FLIGHT
From Site Inspection Reports to Video Presentation and Project Analysis, our process ensures you receive your deliverable as quickly as possible.
- Back up data and begin preliminary on-site processing of flight and GPS data to ensure adequate coverage of and data integrity
- Back in the office, full data processing is completed, combine with ground survey control points and other data sources
- Generate point cloud and Integrate data into BIM, Revit, AutoCAD as necessary then create deliverables