Hotels are increasingly challenged by emerging competitors and shifting customer demands. In addition to meeting the expectations of guests and adapting to industry trends, hotel renovations take place for a variety of other reasons – conversion from an independent hotel to a franchise, rebranding from one chain to another or simply a refresh.
The design of everything from lobbies to rooms to amenity space encourages guests to view the hotel itself as a destination. From incorporating a unique local restaurant or retail space to more significant changes to security and guest room size, the transformation can be significant.
1. Better Planning
- Providing updated as-built documentation prior to design means AEC teams will not struggle with missing information
- Understanding existing conditions ensures theoretical construction costs and project duration estimates are reasonable
- The plans communicated to stakeholders will fit within the reality of the existing conditions
2. Better Designs
- In today’s market, renovations of properties are required to remain competitive, maintain the value and brand standards, and comply with applicable laws and regulations
- With existing conditions documentation, project leaders know proposed renovation designs for these planned capital expenditures are inclusive of key architectural elements and creative options
3. Better Value
- When asked if drawings are really needed the answer is a simple one, “pay for success now or pay for failure later via the dreaded change order”
- Acquisitions and redevelopment require the dedication of management resources and often diverts attention from the day-to-day business. As-built survey documentation allows the team to start and finish construction faster, get back to business, and see ROI more quickly
No matter the renovation intent, the end goal remains the same — make potential guests want to stay longer and visit again. The Coast 2 Coast process helps our Architects, Designers, and REIT clients meet that goal. Delivering accurate documentation reduces renovation time, increases project schedule predictability, and reduces overall project cost.