11. Capture landscape elements such as retaining walls, tree obstructions, sidewalks, and pedestrian hardscapes.
12. Assess the conditions of loading docks and delivery access points for delivery logistics
13. Find the best entrance and exit locations by identifying curbs, medians and parking striping
14. Read your property’s light levels for parking lot security
15. Examine surrounding areas, landscape, road frontage and competition
16. Survey and catalog interior and exterior signage
17. Document existing mechanical equipment & duct work like diffusers, roof units, supply & return vents and more
18. Ensure that sufficient power is available by identifying existing electrical panels, transformers, disconnects, circuit breaker amperages, etc.
19. Track plumbing details commonly needed for retail planning (i.e. water supply, water heaters, meters, sinks, toilets, fountains, floor drains, grease traps)
20. Locate above-ceiling obstructions and height restrictions. Know exactly what you’re dealing with overhead and if there are limitations due to ceiling height
21. Pinpoint your fire/life safety systems like emergency lighting, sprinkler systems, risers, connections, alarms and more